Purpose of Narijibon Blog

Nari Jibon Project seeks to increase our students’ and staffs’ abilities through different ways: classes, practice, computers, internet, and now the Narijibon Blog. Readers and writers (our students & staff) of the Blog will both learn about our lives, culture, Nature, activities of people in Bangladesh and the Nari Jibon Project.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Bloggers profile (Students)

Farhana Rashid







"My name is Farhana Rashid. I come from 191/3 Malibagh Dhaka. My home district is Khulna. My date of birth is 5-7-1975. My father’s name is Abdur Rashid. He is a retired person. My mother’s name is Mahmuda Rashid. She is a housewife. I have three sisters and no brother. I am married. My husband’s name is Kamrul Hasan. He is a business man. I have two children, a son and a daughter. My son is 12 years old. He reads in class 6. My daughter is 2 years old.

My favorite song is Rabindra Shongeet. My favorite game is cricket. My favorite TV program is TV drama. I like romantic drama. My favorite book is the novel of Humayun Ahmed. My favorite dishes are chicken and rice."


Farzana Akter Bithi







"My name is Farzana Akter Bithi. I am a student of Nari Jibon in computer and English sections. My birth place is Dhaka. I was born in 29th January in 1985.

My mother is a house wife and my father is a Government service holder. I have four sisters. My family members are-- my father, mother and 4 sisters. I am studying in Accounting (honors) in “Siddashari Girls’ College”. My favorite hobbies are gardening and reading.

I knew about Nari Jibon from a relative of my friend. Their names are Shikha and Meghla. This project helps in many ways. It provides alternative skills to the girls and women. I knew about Blog from Nari Jibon for the first time. I think we will be able to develop our writing skills through this blog."

Asia Afrin Anni








"I am Asia Afrin Anni. I am fifteen years old. I was born in 19 December, 1993 at Khilgaon, Dhaka. I have no brother and sister. I live with my parents at Malibag Chowdhury Para. My father is a service holder and my mother is a housewife. Our family consists of three members. I studied at Siddheswari Girl’s High School from class 6 to 10 and also gave S.S.C examination from that School. Now I am taking courses at “Nari Jibon Project” on English and Computer.

My favorite hobbies are-- coin collection, stamp collection, reading books and watching cricket on Television. My favorite color is red and favorite book is “Shanta Paribar” written by Md. Jafar Iqbal.

I heard about “Nari Jibon Project” from advertisement. Nari Jibon Project” is an appropriate place which provides many facilities for the girls’. This project also gives training on Blog. Girls can express their gratitude, knowledge and ability to people, all over the world through Blog. I am a new student at “Nari Jibon Project”. Now I have a little knowledge on Blog."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,
My question is for Farhana. I noticed in your profile that you mentioned that in addition to being a Nari Jibon student, you were also a wife and mother. As a graduate student of international educational development from the US, I wanted to inquire about the educational opportunities open to you, and the ones that will be available to your daughter when she becomes a bit older. Will you be passing on your knowledge of computers down to her and are there educational opportunities to learn this sort of technology (like the type provided by Nari Jibon) at the primary school level?

Best,
Mildred Behm