Purpose of Narijibon Blog

Nari Jibon Project seeks to increase our students’ and staffs’ abilities through different ways: classes, practice, computers, internet, and now the Narijibon Blog. Readers and writers (our students & staff) of the Blog will both learn about our lives, culture, Nature, activities of people in Bangladesh and the Nari Jibon Project.

Thursday, January 3, 2008

A Memorable Day of my Life

By Salma Akter

When I was in class six, I joined in the Girl’s Guide Association. Some of my classmates also joined with me. We took some training and joined in some cultural functions as a volunteer.

After three years we reached at our expected day. That was Friday. All the students of Girl’s Guide reached at the school field in the morning. We all divided in five groups and made five camps. Here we made some furniture by bamboo and decorated those with beautiful cloths, caps etc. All day we decorated our camp and enjoyed a lot. Then we all sang our Girl’s Guide song “We shall over come”, “Gring gang ole gole washacha” etc. Our senior sisters had also joined with us. The Students of Home Economics cooked for us.

The teachers of Girl’s Guide took our exam and gave us batch. When the teacher was giving me a batch, I was feeling very proud. Then we arranged a cultural program. Before the sunset we burned fire and we all stood around the fire and sang songs.

That day was the most important day of my life, because on that day I got honor and a specific identity as a Girl’s Guide member. I will never forget that day. It was a great experience for me. It is a sweet memorable day of my life.

No comments: