Purpose of Narijibon Blog

Nari Jibon Project seeks to increase our students’ and staffs’ abilities through different ways: classes, practice, computers, internet, and now the Narijibon Blog. Readers and writers (our students & staff) of the Blog will both learn about our lives, culture, Nature, activities of people in Bangladesh and the Nari Jibon Project.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bloggers profile (Students)

Asma Akter








"My name is Asma Akter. I was born on 7th July, in 1982. I was born in the district Modhupur. I passed my childhood in Modhupur. I have eight members in my family. They are my mother, father, four sisters and two brothers.

I passed the Secondary School Certificate from Khilgaon High School in 1998 and Higher Secondary Certificate from Khilgaon Girls’ College. I finished my B.A. from Shidheshwary Degree College. Now I am doing Masters in Abujor Giffary College.

I visited to many places in Bangladesh. Among them I liked Cox’s Bazaar the most. I like to read books in my free time. Shomoresh Mojumder is my favorite writer. Humayun Ahmed is also my favorite writer. In future I want to be a writer.

I am a student of Nari Jibon. It has many activities. Nari Cyber Café is one of them. There women and girls can practice computer and browse internet in their free time.

In my free time I used to write stories, poems etc. But I could not get opportunity to publish those anywhere. So after some time I stopped writing. But after coming at Nari Jibon, I knew about Nari Jibon’s blog site. I got a new hope to publish my stories, poems through this blog site. I am very happy for getting this opportunity."


Linda Pandey








"I am Linda Pandey. My family members are my father, mother and younger sister. My father’s name is Dulal Panday. He is a driver, my mother is a house wife and my sister is a candidate of Secondary School Certificate examination.

I finished my Secondary School Certificate and Higher Secondary Certificate from Barishal. Now I am trying to get admission in any University.

I like to read novel and story books in my free time. Shomoresh Mojumder and Humaun Ahmed is my favorite writer. My favorite color is pink.

After finishing my academic education I want to be independent in my life. I like banking as a profession. Therefore I will try to be a banker.

I did not know about Nari Jibon. After coming here I informed that it has Bengali Section, English section, tailoring section, computer section, photography section etc. Now beside my academic education I am doing Computer Office Program and English Spoken Course at Nari Jibon."

2 comments:

David Sasaki said...

Hi Asma and Linda,

It's really nice to meet both of you and I'm looking forward to reading more of your writing in the future. I've never read anything by Shomoresh Mojumder or Humaun Ahmed - what books would ou recommend?

Unknown said...

hello,
thanks for your question. i like the book "Aj Himor Biye(Today is marriage of Himu)", "Ebong Himo(And Himo)" is my favorite books are written by Humaun Ahmed and Khorar Pore Brishti by Shomoresh Mojumdar. i think their writing style is different...

Linda